Wednesday 11 May 2011

What about Bob?

I like google this morning. Somewhere between wild camping in Canada and Shaun Keaveny's earmworms in bed this morning I heard about this google music locker. Much like Shaun's description, I can only pretend to understand it in the terms of rather than have a dusty pile of records, keep your music in a virtual vacuum where they're not so heavy, easier to sort through and they won't need dusting agian. It's possible I've got this wrong. Maybe instead it's as initial research suggests, just 'another of Apple's ugly sisters', but the fact that you could access your music on any device seems good to me. Then again everything I own tends to have an i of apple all over it anyway. 


But that's not the point. The thing I wanted to say about google is I like it today but they've slipped up. Why is their landing page not Bob Marley related? 30 years today Bob Marley died. I'm sure it could be argued that much like Martha Graham- who IS on there today- Marley's contribution to music could be compared to 'the influence Stravinsky had on music, Picasso had on the visual arts' (thanks wikipedia). Or maybe not either way, Bob, he's a good man. My dad's name is Bob, he's got to be a good man then. Inspired by Capital's 'we jammin'' bad joke fest I think I meant devote part of my time today to seek out other Bob Marley jokes and use them all day long. Or else I might just tell the jammin' one over and over.



No comments:

Post a Comment