Friday 13 February 2015

FEM IS IN

I just wanted to share three things I’ve seen recently that have made me feel pretty damn good about being a female and realise that feminism is IN.

Now, I’m sure that’s unpalatable for all the hard core of you out there, to hear me reduce feminism to a fad. And I realise this is something that should not simply ‘trend'. But so long as it's getting people’s attention, does the how, what, why and when matter?

So here are my shares.

This because it’s simply superb. It’s real. Finally. So true. I can totally identify - the girl twanging her bikini before she dives in, hell yeah, that's me.



From 5.42 onwards because I couldn’t agree more with the Katherine’s statement that “twerking is a victim’s dance” and that the definition of a powerful woman is Beyoncé – she reinvented sexy face, you know?



And the fact that moneysupermarket.com decided to make an ad where it's a man that does all the jiggling. Well, most of it.  (Well done him, he wears those butt pants so well – and to whichever lady that did all the close-ups.) Admittedly we're still ogling a body and in a way typically reserved for the female form, but they have disrupted it and it makes me laugh every time. The only downside, Sharon O-ooooohhhhh, so sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment